Beyond the Basics
- Best-Selling Micellar Casein
- 75% Protein by Weight (24G of Protein per 32G Serving Size)
- 24 Grams of Slow-Digesting Micellar Casein per Serving
- Over 5 Grams of BCAAs (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) per Serving
- Very Low Levels of Fat, Sugar & Carbohydrates
- Ideal for Use Between Meals and Before Bed
Sometimes slower is better - especially when it comes to the rate of protein digestion. While rapid protein absorption is desirable directly before or after exercise, delayed release is probably more beneficial throughout the remainder of the day and night time.
Casein proteins are pH sensitive and gel in the acidic environment of the stomach. As a result, it can take more than twice as long for caseins to be broken-down into their amino acid subcomponents than whey and other protein sources. Because of their unique time-released traits, caseins are aptly described as anti-catabolic or muscle-protecting proteins.
Casein protein is ideal for use in between meals and before bed. Casein protein is sometimes known as "night time" protein because it's ideal to have just before you go to bed.
Muscle Fuel Around the Clock
Optimum Nutrition has you covered day and night. Try Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard before and immediately after workouts for a fast-acting rapid shot of amino acids right when you need it, and Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Gold Standard between meals and before bed for prolonged, sustained coverage.